RANGERS suffered defeat at Ainslie Park after a strong second half performance from Hibernian saw the Edinburgh side take the three points to stay level at the top.  

Hibernian had the first attempt of the match, Amy Gallacher bursting down the wing and floating a dangerous ball into the area. No one was rushing onto it and Jade Baillie held well.

From then, it was even showing with Rangers playing some good football. Amy Muir was able to link up well with Lauren Davidson, playing a clever one-two before Muir darted to the byline, the right back tried to cross the ball into the box but it drifted out.

Some slick passing from Holly Napier allowed Rangers to build on their early pressure but they struggled to get the numbers into the Hibs box.        

Jade Baillie was called into action at the other end, making herself big to stop a point blank shot from Gallacher but she wasn’t able to hold out Hibs for long.

With 25 minutes played, Hibs took the lead through Lizzie Arnot. Abi Harrison played the ball through to the edge of the area and Arnot was able to make the most of the cross, directing it towards goal with her shoulder, Baillie wasn’t able to clear.

This didn’t dishearten the stopper as moments later she produces another excellent save to keep Rangers in it but the visitors weren’t about to find the equalizer and went into the break 1-0 down.

Hoping to make the impact she did against Stirling University, Carla Boyce was introduced at half time but she didn’t have much time to get into the match before Hibs doubled their lead.

Rangers’  Davidson felt she had been fouled as she pressed towrd the Hibs goal but the referee aved it away and Hibs were able to counter. The ball came to Lisa Robertson who took her shot first time, Baillie tried to get a hand to it but it was too powerful.

The third Hibs goal wasn’t long behind, Arnot getting her second of the day on the hour mark. Abi Harrison was able to slip past the Rangers defence and found herself one-on-one with Baillie. As Baillie closed in on Harrison, the Hibs striker layed the ball off to Arnot who tapped it into an open net.

Rangers’ best chance of the second half came from Holly Napier. Muir had made a strong run up the right wing and managed to play the ball to Napier on the edge of the box but the midfielder scuffed her shot and it was easily held by Jenna Fife.

With time running out, Rangers couldn’t find the target, however, the home side were able to round off their scoring in the last 10 minutes.

The ball took an unfortunate knick off Jenna Clark for the fourth and Harrison put her name on the scoresheet to seal the points.

A quick turn around for Rangers now as they face Glasgow City on Wednesday 30th May, at New Tinto Park, 8PM.   

Article Copyright © 2018. Permission to use quotations from this article online is only granted subject to appropriate source credit and hyperlink to www.rangers.co.uk