RANGERS are back in Ladbrokes Premiership action at Ibrox tomorrow night with Aberdeen the visitors, and there will be a bumper 84-page programme on sale outside the stadium in the build-up to kick-off.
Inside, fans can read programme notes from manager Steven Gerrard and captain James Tavernier, and there is an exclusive interview with Ryan Jack.
The combative midfielder is relishing another chance to go head-to-head with his former club this week and, after the Light Blues’ memorable 2-1 victory over Hearts at Tynecastle on Sunday, Ryan is confident his side can keep their impressive home form going and get another win to stay at the top of the Premiership table.
Also in tomorrow’s issue there is a great interview with Nikica Jelavic, his first since he left the club in 2012.
The Croatian striker, who is now playing in China, was a fans’ favourite as he helped Rangers win the League Cup and SPL title in 2010/11, and in a rare one-to-one he discusses the mixed emotions he had when he left Ibrox for Everton’s Goodison Park.
‘Jela’ also reflects on the success he enjoyed during his time in Scotland and chats about his friendship with current Croatia and Rangers star Borna Barisic, his best goal for the club – which happened to be a sensational finish against Aberdeen – and the forthcoming Europa League match against Rapid Vienna, the club he joined Rangers from for a fee of £4 million.
The interview is a must-read for Rangers fans, but also in Wednesday’s programme:
- There is another exclusive with a former Rangers player, Jamie Ness, who is now at English League One side Plymouth Argyle
- We find out a little bit more about the life and career of head of performance Jordan Milsom in ‘Getting To Know You’
- Joe Worrall answers a range of questions from fans for ‘On The Spot’
- Mark Allen takes part in a Q&A session with supporters putting their questions to the club’s Director of Football via Twitter
- Historian David Mason remembers the career of prolific striker Jim Forrest and the events which led to his departure from the club following the Scottish Cup defeat to Berwick Rangers in 1967.
PLUS – there is Classic Kits, They Played At Ibrox (Sami Khedira), On This Day, Oppo Focus, Match Fast Facts, Snapshot, a tricky quiz to test your football knowledge and Junior Gers.
All this and much more can be found in Wednesday night’s official matchday programme, price just £3.50.
DIGITAL PROGRAMME DOWNLOAD
You can purchase the programme online tomorow on your chosen mobile platform from the following links: