RANGERS take on Partick Thistle in the Ladbrokes Premiership tonight and we’ve pulled together everything about the fixture in one handy place.
NICKNAME: The Jags
STADIUM: Firhill Stadium
GROUND CAPACITY: 10,102
PITCH SIZE: 105m x 68m
MANAGER: Alan Archibald
REFEREE: Willie Collum
ASSISTANTS: David Roome, Graham McNeilie
FOURTH OFFICIAL: Gavin Duncan
KICK OFF: 19:45
VENUE: Firhill Stadium
COMPETITION: Ladbrokes Premiership
ALL #PTFC MATCHES
LEAGUE #PTFC MATCHES:
AWAY #PTFC MATCHES:
JAGS PLAYER PREVIEW:
Blair Spittal: “We’ll look at the match during the week and reflect on the game. We have to be positive going into the Rangers clash.
“They’ll be heavy favourites but we have to show everyone what we’re all about by causing them problems.
“We play them twice in quick succession but we know we have to take each game on its own. We just have to look at the St. Johnstone games to see that you can play the same opposition but have two very different games.”
JAGS MANAGER PREVIEW:
Assistant Manager Scott Paterson, “They have been close games against Rangers at Firhill recently, and they only beat us in the last two with late goals, so they know it will be a tough game too.
“You always put pressure on yourself to do well, whether that’s the staff or the players on the pitch, we will all be doing everything we can to win the game.
“We certainly won’t be sitting back and thinking that it’s going to be a nice, relaxing game. We’ll be putting everything into it and trying to build on the result from last week.
“We want to put on a positive performance on Friday. It should be a very good atmosphere and off the back of getting out first point on the board, and the boys will be desperate to get our first win, especially at home in front of our fans.”
JAGS LAST 5 RESULTS
D 09/09/2017 AWAY PREMIERSHIP 1-1
L 26/08/2017 HOME PREMIERSHIP 3-4
L 19/08/2017 AWAY PREMIERSHIP 0-1
L 11/08/2017 HOME PREMIERSHIP 0-1
W 08/08/2017 AWAY BETFRED CUP 3-0
LAST 5 MEETINGS
W 07/05/2017 AWAY PREMIERSHIP 2-1 (Garner, McKay)
W 15/04/2017 HOME PREMIERSHIP 2-0 (Toral, Miller)
W 26/11/2016 AWAY PREMIERSHIP 2-1 (Dodoo x2)
W 01/10/2016 HOME PREMIERSHIP 2-0 (Halliday, Kranjcar)
W 24/09/2008 AWAY LEAGUE CUP 2-1 (Boyd, Mendes)
Chris Erskine (4)
Blair Spittal (4)
Kris Doolan (3)
Steven Lawless (3)
Alfredo Morelos (7)
Graeme Dorrans (2)
James Tavernier (2)
Eduardo Herrera (1)
GERS MANAGER PREVIEW
GERS PLAYER PREVIEW
- Danny Wilson missed the last game against Dundee after picking up an injury during the warm up. With David Bates currently also out injured, it may mean Ross McCrorie keeps his place on the bench.
- Rangers have won the last six clashes between the sides and have scored two goals in every one of the matches with three finishing 2-1 and three finishing 2-0. From the ten goals scored in the last five matches, there has been nine different scorers.
- Gers keeper Wes Foderingham made his 100th appearance for the Light Blues in the last match, against Dundee. He has managed to keep a clean sheet in forty-one of those century of matches.
- Rangers gave scored eighteen competitive goals this season already, with Alfredo Morelos leading the way as top scorer with seven strikes. From his seven goals, five have been in the first half, all seven have been inside the box, with two scored with his head, two with his left and three with his right foot. He’s scored five at home and two away from home.
- In the last three matches, Rangers have had an average of 59.6% possession, including 65% against Celtic, 56% against Ross County and 58% against Dundee last time out. The Gers have had 35 shots on target in those last three matches, an average of 11.6 per match.
HOW TO WATCH
IF you are outside the UK then you can enjoy the whole of the Thistle match live on RangersTV.
Regular commentator Tom Miller will bring you full commentary throughout the 90 minutes with former Gers player Andy Little, who is back at the club working within the Rangers Academy.
Before the match, fans will be able to watch the latest episode of Top Team, where players and staff pull together the greatest eleven from players that’s they’ve played with from their careers. This time, it’s Academy coach and former first team caretaker manager Graeme Murty who takes us through his side.
Also before kick off, we have exclusive interviews with Pedro Caixinha about the game and a first interview with Eduardo Herrera on settling in to life at Rangers and the frustrations of picking up a couple of injuries early in his Gers career.
At half time Tom and Andy will cast their eyes over the first half providing analysis before we take a step down memory lane as we remember the Gers going up against Levski Sofia in 1993.
To purchase the game for £5.99 click here, or sign up for a RangersTV Unlimited subscription here to enjoy every game live. If you’re based in the UK/ROI you can watch the highlights from midnight on Saturday and the full game from Monday at midday.
To watch every competitive match this season on-demand you can subscribe from as little as £5 per month by clicking here
With packages available from starting at £5 per month you can get closer to your club than ever with a subscription that will give you exclusive features, our extensive archive, behind the scenes access and all the best match action.
Click on the links below to subscribe today to one of our package types:
MONTHLY (£5) ANNUAL (£49)
MONTHLY ($28.50) ANNUAL ($299)
Click HERE to find out more about what is included in the different packages and click on the following links for different series: