RANGERS take on Falkirk tomorrow at the Falkirk Stadium as they look to get back to winning ways following last week’s disappointing draw with Morton.
Here, we’ve brought together everything you would ever wish to know about Peter Houston’s side.
Nickname: ‘The Bairns’
League Position: 3rd
Manager: Peter Houston
PREVIOUS MATCH STATS:
Total meetings: 167
Rangers wins: 123
Falkirk wins: 18
Goals for: 419
Goals against: 145
LAST FIVE LEAGUE FORM:
TOP LEAGUE SCORERS:
Rangers: Martyn Waghorn, 16.
Falkirk: John Baird, 11.
03/10/2015 H W Rangers 3 Falkirk 1
25/04/2015 H W Rangers 2 Falkirk 2
27/02/2015 A W Falkirk 1 Rangers 1
08/11/2014 H W Rangers 4 Falkirk 0
23/09/2015 A L Falkirk 1 Rangers 3
THE LAST MATCH:
- Rangers’ biggest ever win away to Falkirk was a sensational 7-1 demolition back in season 1961-62. The highest aggregate score between the two sides was a barmy 5-5 draw back in 1958/59.
- Despite being formed almost 30 years earlier, it took until 1905 for the two sides to meet competitively. On that occasion, Rangers defeated the Bairns 3-1.
- Rangers have scored in their last 21 games against Falkirk – the last blank coming in a 1-0 defeat at the Falkirk Stadium back in December 2006. The last 0-0 draw between the clubs was back in March 1974, and indeed, there have remarkably been only three goalless games in 167 meetings.
- On 18 occasions, a Rangers player has hit a hat-trick against Falkirk. The last man to do so was Ally McCoist back in August 1997. In total, McCoist scored four hat-tricks against Falkirk.
- Tomorrow’s game is on-course for a sell-out, meaning the stadium attendance record could be broken. It currently stands at 7735 set in a match against Hearts back in March.