RANGERS take on Dunfermline tonight in the League Cup and we’ve pulled together everything about the fixture in one handy place.
NICKNAME: The Pars
STADIUM: East End Park
GROUND CAPACITY: 11,480
PITCH SIZE: 105m x 64m
MANAGER: Allan Johnston
REFEREE: Don Robertson
ASSISTANTS: Alan Mulvanny, Gary Hilland
FOURTH OFFICIAL: Colin Steven
KICK OFF: 19:45
VENUE: Ibrox Stadium
COMPETITION: Betfred Cup
ALL #DAFC MATCHES
LEAGUE CUP #DAFC MATCHES:
PARS PLAYER PREVIEW:
Joe Cardle (via DAFC website) “I have scored two in two. Once in the League Cup, a back post header about seven years ago. The other one was a league game.
“I am looking forward to playing at Ibrox, it will be a decent crowd that night and the pressure is on them. All eyes are going to be on Rangers for their first proper game at home (in domestic competition).
“They are expected to win but it was the same situation at Hearts. We fought and were difficult to play against, from front to back we worked our socks off and to get results like that you need to that. We will be willing to do that on Wednesday.”
PARS MANAGER PREVIEW:
Allan Johnston (via DAFC website) “Obviously you want to win the tie but it is going to have to take a really really good performance to go to Ibrox and get a result. it can be a hard place, especially if you don`t score early. They are maybe not getting things their own way. When teams are passing the ball and creating chances then it can quickly turn.
“They are under pressure to win, people expect them to win quite comfortably. We have just got to make sure that we approach the game in the same manner as we did the Hearts game.
“We are looking for the same result but we will need a similar type of performance to win games like that. Everybody has to have a really good game, everybody has to be at their best.”
“When you go to places like Ibrox you need to defend well. You cannot afford to lose cheap goals but it was one of those days when we played really well as a team. Obviously I was in the right place at the right time to pick up the three goals.”
LAST 5 #RFCvDAFC RESULTS
D 03/05/2014 AWAY LEAGUE ONE 1-1
W 15/03/201 HOME LEAGUE ONE 2-0
W 07/02/2014 HOME SCOTTISH CUP 4-0
W 30/12/2013 AWAY LEAGUE ONE 4-0
W 06/11/2013 HOME LEAGUE ONE 3-1
GERS MANAGER PREVIEW
GERS PLAYER PREVIEW
Rangers have a full team to pick from for the match against Dunfermline as Pedro Caixinha explained at the press conference yesterday that both Niko Kranjcar and James Tavernier who had injures ahead of the game against Motherwell are both fit for selection.
If you can’t get to the Ticket Centre to buy, then there will be Pay At The Gate available in the Copland Rear tonight.
Ticket collection numbers are already high for this game, so if you have a ticket to pick up before the match then please come as early as you can as we are anticipating queues.
Rangers v Dunfermline Athletic
Wednesday 9 August
Kick Off 7.45pm
Ticket prices are £18 adult, £12 concession and £5 juniors
- Rangers and Dunfermline have met on 16 previous occasions in the League Cup with the Light Blues’ only defeat coming in their very first encounter in 1951. This was the first match of a two-legged tie which Rangers eventually won 3-2 on aggregate. Willie Findlay’s double and another goal from Willie Gardiner in the second leg at Ibrox was enough to take Bill Struth’s side through to the semi-finals.
- In the 12 seasons that Rangers have met Dunfermline in the League Cup, they have reached the final 10 times, winning the trophy on eight occasions. Celtic have been the team defeated in five of these finals.
- Ally McCoist is top scorer in matches between the sides in the League Cup with five goals, having scored a hat-trick in a 4-1 win at East End Park in August 1987 and a double in the semi-final at Hampden in September 1989.
- Six of the previous League Cup contests between the sides have taken place at Ibrox. Rangers have won five of these and drawn the other, scoring 20 and conceding seven in the process.
Read more Fast Facts in tonight’s official match programme.
PROGRAMME – MARK ALLEN EXCLUSIVE
IN tonight’s official 84-page matchday programme – the first of the 2017/18 season – fans can read an exclusive interview with new Director of Football Mark Allen.
The former Manchester City Academy Director discusses his important new role with the club and his desire to help Rangers get back to the top.
But that’s not all, in tonight’s issue you will also find the following:
- A special feature on the players who have made 250 appearances for the club, including cover star Lee Wallace who reached this number at Fir Park on Sunday
- The manager and captain’s programme columns
- An exclusive first-team interview with Lee Hodson
- ‘The Big Interview’ with Ibrox favourite Michael Mols
- An exclusive first-team with former Gers and Dunfermline Athletic midfielder and current Fleetwood Town coach Barry Nicholson
- ‘The Last Word’ with Hugh Burns
PLUS there is a tricky quiz to test your football knowledge, Fast Facts , On This Day, club historian David Mason, Andy Cameron, Snapshot, Opposition Focus and Junior Gers.
All this and so much more will be in tonight’s official matchday programme, price just £3.50. Don’t miss it!
DIGITAL PROGRAMME DOWNLOAD
You can purchase the programme online now on your chosen mobile platform from the following links:
HOW TO WATCH
IF you’re outside the UK then you can enjoy the whole of the match against Dunfermline live ONLY on RangersTV tomorrow.
Regular commentator Tom Miller will bring you full commentary throughout the 90 minutes with former Gers player Hugh Burns.
Before the match, you can watch previous match action from games against Dunfermline, an exclusive new interview with Pedro Caixinha and a feature with Northern Irish defender Lee Hodson who started in the game against Motherwell at the weekend.
At half time, Tom and Hugh will review the action before we broadcast our exclusive interview with new Director of Football Mark Allen.
To purchase the game for £5.99 click here, or sign up for a RangersTV Unlimited subscription here to enjoy every game live. If you’re based in the UK/ROI you can watch the highlights from midnight on Saturday and the full game from Monday at midday.
To watch every competitive match this season on-demand you can subscribe from as little as £5 per month by clicking here
FANS CAN SUBSCRIBE FROM AS LITTLE AS £5 PER MONTH WITH A RANGE OF DIFFERENT PAYMENT AND PACKAGE OPTIONS TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO SUBSCRIBE TODAY – GET CLOSER THAN EVER TO YOUR CLUB.