RANGERS take on Kilmarnock at Ibrox today and we’ve pulled together everything about the fixture in one handy place.
STADIUM: Rugby Park
GROUND CAPACITY: 17,889
PITCH SIZE: 100m x 64m
MANAGER: Steve Clarke
REFEREE: Alan Muir
ASSISTANTS: Stuart Stevenson, John McCrossan
FOURTH OFFICIAL: Steven Reid
KICK OFF: 15:00
VENUE: Ibrox Stadium
COMPETITION: Ladbrokes Premiership
KILMARNOCK ALL MATCHES:
KILMARNOCK LEAGUE MATCHES:
KILLIE PREVIEW – STEVE CLARKE:
- Rangers have met Kilmarnock at Ibrox on league business on 108 occasions to date since the first match, a 6-1 Gers win at the First Ibrox Park on 9 December 1899. Rangers have won 85 of the meetings and have lost 11 while 12 matches have been drawn. Rangers have scored 299 goals and conceded 80.
- Rangers have only won one of the last eight league encounters with Kilmarnock, with three draws and four defeats also in the sequence.
- Rangers’ next Ibrox goal against Kilmarnock will be their 300th league goal in the fixture at home. The 100th goal was scored by George Brown to complete a 4-0 win in February 1930 while Willie Johnston scored number 200, opening the scoring in a 2-0 victory in November 1980.
- Kilmarnock’s last six goals in the fixture have all been scored by players that have also played for Rangers. Kris Boyd has scored four of them, while Chris Burke netted the equaliser at Ibrox in October and Dean Shiels scored the only goal in Killie’s Ibrox win in February 2012, prior to joining Rangers.
- Kris Boyd’s strike for Kilmarnock in the last meeting of the sides took his tally to 21 league goals in the fixture. Having scored three times for Killie between January 2002 and December 2005, Boyd then notched 14 times for Rangers in the fixture and has now scored another four for the Rugby Park side in his latest spell.
ONE TO REMEMBER
KILMARNOCK 1 RANGERS 5 | 15/05/2011 | SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE
RANGERS clinched their third SPL title in a row after an unbelievable opening period at Kilmarnock set them up for the victory they needed to retain their crown.
In a truly mindblowing first six minutes, the champions scored THREE times to secure the silverware for a world record 54th time.
Kyle Lafferty’s double and Steven Naismith’s 15th strike of what has been an excellent campaign for him gave the Ibrox men a wonderful advantage at such an early stage.
Nikica Jelavic added a fourth after the break with a sublime free kick before Lafferty rounded off his second hat-trick of the campaign with a cool finish.
The triumph means boss Walter Smith bows out of his second spell at the helm in remarkable style.
CAN’T MAKE THE GAME?
- Team news, manager preview interview, match gallery, match report and post match reaction on rangers.co.uk
- Follow all the action as it happens on social media via Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram
- Watch pre-match and post match interviews FREE along with trailers for all the latest episodes of your favourite RTV series on YouTube.
- Watch the match live and also check out extensive highlights, 90 Minutes In 90 Seconds and every goal from this season on RangersTV
HOW TO WATCH
IF you’re outside the UK you can watch tomorrow’s Ladbrokes Premiership match against Kilmarnock at Ibrox LIVE.
Tom Miller will bring you full commentary throughout the 90 minutes with former Gers player Gregory Vignal on co-commentary.
Before the match, you’ll be able to see Jimmy Nicholl picking the greatest XI he’s ever played with, before James Tavernier gives us his thoughts on Kilmarnock.
At half time Gregory and Tom will review the first forty-five minutes of action before we watch highlights and reaction from Monday’s terrific victory in the City of Glasgow Cup final for the under-17s
To purchase the game for £5.99 click here, or sign up for a RangersTV Unlimited subscription here to enjoy every game live. If you’re based in the UK/ROI you can watch the full match and highlights from midnight on Saturday.
To watch every competitive match this season on-demand you can subscribe from as little as £5 per month by clicking here
With packages available from starting at £5 per month you can get closer to your club than ever with a subscription that will give you exclusive features, our extensive archive, behind the scenes access and all the best match action.
Click on the links below to subscribe today to one of our package types:
MONTHLY (£5) ANNUAL (£49)
MONTHLY (£17.25) ANNUAL (£194)
Click HERE to find out more about what is included in the different packages and click on the following links for different series:
- Manager Interview
- Big Interview
- On The Spot
- Rangers Mind
- Top Team
- Games Of My Life
- Full Matches
- 90 In 90
- Development Squad
DIGITAL PROGRAMME DOWNLOAD
You can purchase the programme online now on your chosen mobile platform from the following links: