RANGERS take on Aberdeen at Ibrox tonight and we’ve pulled together everything about the fixture in one handy place.
NICKNAME: The Dons
STADIUM: Pittodrie Stadium
GROUND CAPACITY: 20,866
PITCH SIZE: 105m x 66m
MANAGER: Derek McInnes
REFEREE: Andrew Dallas
ASSISTANTS: David McGeachie, Stuart Stevenson
FOURTH OFFICIAL: John McKendrick
KICK OFF: 19:45
VENUE: Ibrox Stadium
COMPETITION: Ladbrokes Premiership
ALL #RFCAFC MATCHES
LEAGUE #RFCAFC MATCHES:
HOME #RFCAFC MATCHES:
ABERDEEN PLAYER PREVIEW:
Scott McKenna (Evening Express): “We got the win at Ibrox last year, so it takes that pressure off us.
“However, there is still pressure on us to beat Rangers as they will be trying to steal second place off us. We always have our goals and that is to be second.
“Obviously, playing Rangers twice in a week might have an influence on what happens with that – although it is far too early in the season to say that.
“However, it could put real distance between us. All our focus is on going to Ibrox to get three points.”
ABERDEEN MANAGER PREVIEW:
Derek McInnes: “It’s important we use the squad over the two games. We have three games in a week and Rangers obviously had two extra days from their game on Friday.
“We went there at the back end of last season and showed enough confidence in the performance to get the result.
“Hopefully we can start another winning run from Sunday and go there and get three points.”
LAST 5 RESULTS
W 26/11/2017 KILMARNOCK AWAY PREMIERSHIP 3-1
L 18/11/2017 MOTHERWELL HOME PREMIERSHIP 0-2
D 04/11/2017 HAMILTON AWAY PREMIERSHIP 2-2
W 28/10/2017 ROSS COUNTY HOME PREMIERSHIP 2-1
L 25/10/2017 CELTIC HOME PREMIERSHIP 0-3
L 24/11/2017 DUNDEE AWAY PREMIERSHP 1-2
L 18/11/2017 HAMILTON HOME PREMIERSHIP 0-2
W 04/11/2017 PARTICK THISTLE HOME PREMIERSHIP 3-0
W 28/10/2017 HEARTS AWAY PREMIERSHIP 3-1
D 25/10/2017 KILMARNOCK HOME PREMIERSHIP 1-1
LAST 5 MEETINGS
L 17/05/2017 HOME PREMIERSHIP 1-2
W 09/04/2017 AWAY PREMIERSHIP 3-0
W 03/12/2016 HOME PREMIERSHIP 2-1
L 25/09/2016 AWAY PREMIERSHIP 1-2
D 21/01/2012 HOME PREMIERSHIP 1-1
Stevie May (4)
Kenny McLean (4)
Adam Rooney (4)
Ryan Christie (2)
Kari Arnason (1)
Alfredo Morelos (8)
Graham Dorrans (5)
Carlos Peña (4)
Daniel Candeias (4)
Josh Windass (3)
GERS MANAGER PREVIEW
GERS PLAYER PREVIEW
- Rangers’ run of 39 home league matches without defeat against Aberdeen came to an end in May with a 2-1 defeat. Gers had won 30 and drawn nine during their unbeaten run which dated back to September 1991.
- Only one of the last 17 goals from the previous six league matches between the sides last season was scored in the first half. In contrast, no fewer than seven have been in the last 11 minutes.
- The team who has scored first in the last nine league matches between the sides has avoided defeat, winning on eight occasions and drawing the other match. The last time a side lost after scoring the opener was in September 2010 when Aberdeen surrendered a 2-0 advantage at Pittodrie as Rangers fought back to win 3-2.
- Ryan Jack becomes the latest in a long line of players to have represented both clubs, joining the likes of Dave Smith, Jim Bett, Dougie Bell, Neale Cooper, David Robertson, Billy Dodds, Nicky Walker, Gavin Rae, Richard Foster and Sone Aluko on the list.
- With a second league match scheduled for Pittodrie in four days’ time, the last time the sides met within four days in the league happened in April 1966. Rangers won the first match 1-0 at Ibrox thanks to a John Greig goal on the 9th before Alex Willoughby scored the winner as Gers ran out 2-1 winners at Pittodrie on the 13th.
Read more Fast Facts plus all the latest stats, fixtures and more within the matchday programme.
TONIGHT’S official Rangers v Aberdeen matchday programme is packed with exclusive interviews and features.
In this weekend’s 84-page issue interim boss Graeme Murty looks ahead to the big Premiership clash in his manager’s column and Colombian striker Alfredo Morelos gives his first interview since joining the Light Blues in June.
The 21-year-old reflects on his football career and time at Rangers so far and he also gives his thoughts on Scottish football and living in Glasgow.
But that’s not all, in this issue you will also find the following:
- Lee Wallace’s captain’s column
- Ryan Jack answers a range of questions from fans in ‘On The Spot’
- An exclusive interview with former Gers midfielder Robbie Crawford who is now playing in Iceland
- ‘Behind The Badge’ feature with the groundsmen at Ibrox and the Rangers Training Centre
- An exclusive interview with former Auchenhowie youth player and current Ayr United playmaker Brian Gilmour, who is now coaching the Gers’ under-14s.
- Historian David Mason remembers the club’s tour of Spain in 1956
- RYDC director of operations Colin Stewart discusses his years as a Bluenose in ‘#RangersLoyal’.
PLUS there is a tricky quiz to test your football knowledge, Fast Facts , On This Day, Andy Cameron, Snapshot, A to Z of Stadiums, a Josh Windass poster, Junior Gers and ‘The Last Word’ with Declan John.
All this and so much more is in the official Rangers v Aberdeen matchday programme, price just £3.50. Don’t miss it!
DIGITAL PROGRAMME DOWNLOAD
You can purchase the programme online from 12noon tomorrow on your chosen mobile platform from the following links:
CAN’T MAKE THE GAME?
- Team news, manager preview interview, match gallery, match report and post match reaction on rangers.co.uk
- Follow all the action as it happens on social media via Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram
- Watch pre-match and post match interviews FREE along with trailers for all the latest episodes of your favourite RTV series on YouTube.
- Watch the match live and also check out extensive highlights, 90 Minutes In 90 Seconds and every goal from this season on RangersTV
HOW TO WATCH
IF you are outside the UK then you can watch it all on RangersTV.
Regular commentator Tom Miller will bring you full commentary throughout the 90 minutes with special guest co-commentator Clint Hill who will return to Ibrox for the first time since leaving last summer.
Before the match, we have the latest On The Spot episode with Gers midfielder Ryan Jack and an short section of a full and exclusive interview with Columbian striker Alfredo Morelos, his first since joining the club.
At half time Clint and Tom will review the first forty-five minutes of the match before we watch the second of our new series Behind The Badge, where we get to know some of the different people and jobs that make Rangers tick. In this episode we meet the groundsmen who keep the Ibrox pitch one of the best surfaces in the country whatever the weather.
To purchase the game for £5.99 click here, or sign up for a RangersTV Unlimited subscription here to enjoy every game live. If you’re based in the UK/ROI you can watch the full match from 10pm and highlights from midnight on Saturday.
To watch every competitive match this season on-demand you can subscribe from as little as £5 per month by clicking here
With packages available from starting at £5 per month you can get closer to your club than ever with a subscription that will give you exclusive features, our extensive archive, behind the scenes access and all the best match action.
Click on the links below to subscribe today to one of our package types:
MONTHLY (£5) ANNUAL (£49)
MONTHLY ($28.50) ANNUAL ($299)
Click HERE to find out more about what is included in the different packages and click on the following links for different series: