RANGERS take on Aberdeen at tonight and we’ve pulled together everything about the fixture in one handy place.
NICKNAME: The Dons
STADIUM: Pittodrie Stadium
GROUND CAPACITY: 20,866
PITCH SIZE: 105m x 66m
MANAGER: Derek McInnes
REFEREE: Bobby Madden
ASSISTANTS: Graeme Stewart, Alan Mulvanny
KICK OFF: 7.45
VENUE: Ibrox Stadium
COMPETITION: Ladbrokes Premiership
ALL #RFCAFC MATCHES
LEAGUE #RFCAFC MATCHES:
LAST 5 RESULTS
W – 20/01/2018 – St Mirren (H) – Scottish Cup – 4-1
D – 30/12/2017 – Hearts (A) – Scottish Premiership – 0-0
W – 27/12/2017 – Partick Thistle (H) – Scottish Premiership – 1-0
L – 23/12/2017 – Celtic (A) – Scottish Premiership – 0-3
W – 16/12/2017 – Hibernian (H) – Scottish Premiership – 4-1
D – 30/12/2017 – Celtic (A) – Scottish Premiership – 0-0
W – 27/12/2017 – Motherwell (H) – Scottish Premiership – 2-0
L – 23/12/2017 – Kilmarnock (A) – Scottish Premiership – 1-2
L – 16/12/2017 – St Johnstone (H) – Scottish Premiership – 1-3
W – 13/12/2017 – Hibernian (A) – Scottish Premiership – 2-1
Gary Mackay-Steven: “Rangers are our closest rivals right now and we want to consolidate second place. We have got a big chance to do that at Ibrox and that will definitely be in our minds.
“We want to go to Ibrox and not just look to contain Rangers, we want to express ourselves and go for the win.”
“We didn’t show the best versions of ourselves in the two previous times we have played Rangers. Now we want to put that right in what will be a massive game at Ibrox..
“It will be a tough game, it won’t be easy. We will look at Rangers’ strengths and weaknesses and see what we can do. However, ultimately we will focus on our own strengths to go there and get three points.”
LAST 5 MEETINGS
W 03/12/2017 PREMIERSHIP AWAY 2-1
W 29/11/2017 PREMIERSHIP HOME 3-0
L 17/05/2017 PREMIERSHIP HOME 1-2
W 09/04/2017 PREMIERSHIP AWAY 3-0
W 03/12/2016 PREMIERSHIP HOME 2-1
Rangers continue to be without club captain Lee Wallace, Kenny Miller and Jordan Rossiter who have all been long term injury problems for the Gers. Both Miller and Rossiter are both back in training, with no official timeline for them making a return to playing.
Graham Dorrans is also out as he continues to fight back from an injury he sustained against Kilmarnock at the end of last year. Bruno Alves is missing with the injury that he sustained against Celtic, with former Aberdeen midfielder Ryan Jack and youth academy prospect Ross McCrorie also missing out through injury.
Aberdeen welcome new signing Nial McGinn into contention for the match, after he made his second debut for the Dons in their Scottish Cup tie at the weekend. Kenny McLean was sold to Norwich this week, however he was loaned back to Derek McInnes’s side until the end of the 2017/18 season.
- Rangers have lost to Aberdeen just once at Ibrox in the Scottish Premiership (2-1 in May 2017), winning 23 of the 28 such matches and drawing the other four.
- Since the Gers’ return to the Scottish Premiership last season, Aberdeen have conceded 12 goals against them in the competition; only against league leaders Celtic (15) have they let in more in that time.
- Rangers have won just one of their last four games in the Scottish Premiership having previously won four in a row (including two wins over Aberdeen).
- Aberdeen have kept back-to-back clean sheets in the top flight, and are looking to keep a third consecutive shutout for the second time this season.
- Alfredo Morelos has found the net in each of his last three top-flight games at Ibrox (three goals).
GERS MANAGER PREVIEW
GERS PLAYER PREVIEW
Alfredo Morelos 12
Josh Windass 6
Graham Dorrans 5
Carlos Pena 5
Adam Rooney 6
Gary Mackay-Steven 4
Stevie May 4
Kenny McLean 4
Ryan Christie 3
CAN’T MAKE THE GAME?
- Team news, manager preview interview, match gallery, match report and post match reaction on rangers.co.uk
- Follow all the action as it happens on social media via Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram
- Watch pre-match and post match interviews FREE along with trailers for all the latest episodes of your favourite RTV series on YouTube.
- Watch the match live and also check out extensive highlights, 90 Minutes In 90 Seconds and every goal from this season on RangersTV
TONIGHT’S official Rangers v Aberdeen matchday programme is packed with exclusive interviews and features.
Defender David Bates is on the cover and inside the first issue of 2018 he discusses his hopes for the new year and his desire to fight for a place in Graeme Murty’s starting eleven.
Also in the programme there is an exclusive with former Ibrox star Tore Andre Flo who, at £12million, remains Rangers’ most expensive ever signing.
The big Norwegian chats about the challenges that came with his huge price tag and the highlights he enjoyed following his move to the Light Blues from Chelsea in November 2000.
But that’s not all, in this week’s programme you will also find the following:
- Graeme Murty and Lee Wallace’s manager and captain’s columns
- RYDC Q&A with Head of Academy Craig Mulholland
- Historian David Mason remembers the 1953 Scottish Cup Final against Aberdeen
- Fabio Cardoso picks the best players he has played with for ‘My Top Team’
- The Last Word with new signing Russell Martin
PLUS there is a special feature on Nicol Smith after the club recently received his 1898/99 league medal, On This Day, Fast Facts, Andy Cameron, Snapshot , Junior Gers, exclusive photos from the Berlin Masters tournament and reaction from the Development Squad’s stunning away win over Bayern Munich.
All of this and so much more can be found in tonight’s official Rangers v Aberdeen matchday programme, price just £3.50. Don’t miss it!
DIGITAL PROGRAMME DOWNLOAD
You’ll be able purchase the programme online from your chosen mobile platform from the following links:
HOW TO WATCH
RANGERS host Aberdeen tonight, and the whole game is live on RangersTV outside the UK and Ireland.
Regular commentator Tom Miller will bring you full commentary throughout the 90 minutes with former Gers player Andy Little on co-commentary.
Before the match, we hear from Graeme Murty and defender David Bates, plus we watch highlights of the two meetings between the teams from the end of last year.
At half time Andy and Tom will review the first 45 minutes of action before we see defender Fabio Cardoso pick his top team.
To purchase the game for £5.99 click here, or sign up for a RangersTV Unlimited subscription here to enjoy every game live. If you’re based in the UK/ROI you can watch the full match from 10pm and highlights from midnight on Saturday.
To watch every competitive match this season on-demand you can subscribe from as little as £5 per month by clicking here
With packages available from starting at £5 per month you can get closer to your club than ever with a subscription that will give you exclusive features, our extensive archive, behind the scenes access and all the best match action.
Click on the links below to subscribe today to one of our package types:
MONTHLY (£5) ANNUAL (£49)
MONTHLY ($28.50) ANNUAL ($299)
Click HERE to find out more about what is included in the different packages and click on the following links for different series: