RANGERS take on Falkirk at Ibrox today at 3pm (UK time) and if you can’t make it to the match then you will be able to follow LIVE updates pulling from our Twitter feed:
NICKNAME: The Bairns
STADIUM: Falkirk Stadium
GROUND CAPACITY: 8,750
PITCH SIZE: 105m x 68m
MANAGER: Peter Houston
PREVIOUS MATCH STATS:
RANGERS: Waghorn 14
FALKIRK: Baird 5
“David Smith has been in good form since the summer, everyone is aware of Craig Sibbald’s class after he hit the headlines in the second half of last season and John Baird’s just a wee menace todefenders.
“However for me, Lee Miller adds something different to Falkirk and made a telling contribution in the win at St Mirren – I don’t think he lost the ball once and his flick-ons were the missing link in the attacks.
“He’s been great since he arrived back at the club and brings others into play. The players seem to enjoy playing beside him. Tom Taiwo scored on the last visit here and although he’s not a particular goalscoring threat, he’s been important in the midfield breaking up play.” David Oliver, Falkirk Herald.
- Rangers equalled their longest winning streak against Falkirk in the league last season, reaching 12 victories before being held to a 1-1 draw at the Falkirk Stadium in February. The run began with a 2-1 home win in February 2007
- Rangers tended to leave it late in matches with the Bairns last season. Of the nine league goals scored against Falkirk over the four games, seven were scored in the last half hour
- The last two matches of last season between Rangers and Falkirk ended in draws. There have never been three consecutive drawn league matches between the sides in their 157-match history
- Rangers have only failed to find the net in two of the last 94 league meetings with Falkirk, a 0-0 draw at Brockville in March 1974 and a 1-0 defeat at the Falkirk Stadium in December 2006, the latter being Rangers’ last loss in the fixture
- Nicky Clark, Nicky Law and Lewis Macleod all managed two goals against Falkirk in league matches last season although Kenny Miller still has the most goals of the current squad against the Bairns with four league strikes.
- The most regular scoreline between Rangers and Falkirk has been either 2-0 or 4-0, which have both occurred on 17 occasions. More recently, a correct scoreline has been difficult to predict with the previous eight matches all ending with different results
Last 5 Home Results vs Falkirk
D (1-1) 27/02/2015
W (3-1) 23/09/2014
W (2-0) 15/08/2014
W (2-0) 30/11/2013
W (1-0) 21/08/2012
Last 5 Results vs Falkirk