THE international break is over and with that Rangers’ international players will return to the club over the coming days. Here we round-up how they got on with their respective nations.
Eros Grezda – Albania
10.10.2018 Albania v Jordan
Eros continued his return from injury by turning out for his country in this friendly which ended 0-0. The winger played 46 minutes before he was replaced. Interestingly the 23-year-old was used as a striker in the first-half but told Albanian media after the game that he didn’t perform his best football playing through the middle.
14.10.2018 Israel v Albania
Eros further boosted his fitness as he played all 90 minutes in his side’s UEFA Nations League Qualifier on Sunday night. He was back in a more familiar position too, on the left of a front three. Albania lost 2-0 but the Gers player had two good chances to bring his side back into it – one from a header 15 minutes from time and another in stoppage time when he dragged a left-footed shot wide.
Allan McGregor- Scotland
11.10.2018 Israel v Scotland
Allan was picked for Scotland’s competitive fixture as they played twice during the international week. While a ten man Scotland lost 2-1 in the UEFA Nations League tie the stopper was the only one who stood between the home side and a more substantial win.
Ross McCrorie | Robby McCrorie | Glenn Middleton – Scotland U21s
12.10.2018 Ukraine v Scotland
- Ross continued to captain the U21s as they were defeated by the Ukraine in a Euro U21 Qualifier.
- Robby started in goal for the Ukraine clash and pulled off a superb one-on-one stop in the second-half to deny Maxym Tretyakov on the hour mark.
- Glenn came off the bench in the 69th minute with the game at 2-1. The 19-year-old couldn’t make an attacking impact to effect the outcome as the tie ended 3-1.
16.10.2018 Scotland v England
- Ross played the entire 90 minutes at Tynecastle and had a golden opportunity on the half hour mark to change the game as he watched a volley fly over the crossbar at 0-0.
- Robby was replaced in goal for the game by Ayr United keeper Ross Doohan.
- Glenn was brought on at half-time as Scott Gemmill switched things up at the break. In the end Scotland were undone by a strong England side who won 2-0.
Scott Arfield – Canada
16.10.2018 Canada v Dominica
Scott wasn’t risked in this CONCAF Nations League Qualifier after picking up a hamstring problem while on international duty. A youthful Canada side produced a 5-0 route over the side ranked 177th in the world.
Lassana Coulibaly – Mali
12.10.2018 Mali v Burundi & 16.10.2018 Burundi v Mali
Lassana didn’t start either of Mali’s African Nations Cup Qualifiers as they played a double header against Burundi. The first game was a stalemate while the second, on Tuesday ended in a 1-1 draw.