RANGERS defeated Partick Thistle at the weekend and here we look back at the best stats from the match in our feature ‘In Numbers’.
- 19 – Rangers are defended an undefeated streak in league matches against Thistle, dating back to a 3-0 defeat at Firhill in May 1993. Gers have now also won the last 11 league encounters since back to back 1-1 draws in 1995.
- 3 – Andy Halliday grabbed his third goal in three matches with his strike in the 40th minute of the game. The midfielder has scored four in total this season and is on track already to overtake his contribution of nine last season.
- 63 – Rangers had 63% possession throughout the ninety minutes of the match on Saturday which is the joint highest share of possession in League matches this season, with the opening match of the campaign against Hamilton also 63%. The average possession in all matches is now 61% with the lowest in the match against Celtic, when the Gers had 43% possession and the highest in the League Cup match against Queen of the South (67%).
- 28 – The Light Blues had seven shots on target throughout the match, scoring two goals, giving a goals to shots on target percentage of 28.6%. The average through all League matches is 20%, with the highest of the season coming in the away match against Dundee, when the Gers had three shots on target and scored two goals.
- 20 – The goals from Niko Kranjcar and Andy Halliday were the 19th and 20th home strikes of the season already. The Light Blues have scored 9 away from home in all competitions, meaning 45% of all goals have been scored away from Ibrox. Last season, the split was 66 goals at home and 55 goals away.