RANGERS have been drawn against SC Braga of Portugal in the Last 32 of the Europa League.
It will be the first meeting of the two sides, with the ties set to take place at Ibrox on Thursday, 20 February, kick-off to be confirmed, before the away leg on Wednesday, 26 February at 17:00 UK time.
Braga Fast Facts:
- Braga sit ninth in the Portuguese Primeira Liga with 18 points from their opening 14 games
- In previous meetings with Scottish clubs, they lost 5-3 on aggregate to Hearts in the UEFA Cup in 2004 before knocking Celtic out of the Champions League qualifiers in 2010 – winning 3-0 at home and losing 2-1 at Parkhead
- Despite their involvement in the Champions League being ended in the Group Stage after beating Celtic – they went on to reach the Europa League final – losing 1-0 to Porto in Dublin.
- They topped Group K of this season’s competition – finishing first ahead of Wolves. They beat Wolves 1-0 at Molineux, drew 2-1 at home to Slovan Bratislava, defeated Besiktas 2-1 away and 3-1 at home, drew 3-3 at home to Wolves and finished with a 4-2 win away to Slovan to win the section.
- Players to have played for both Rangers and Braga include Aaron Niguez – he was at Rangers in 2008-09 and Braga in 2015-16.
- The finished fourth in last season’s Primera Liga – seven points adrift of the traditional ‘Big Three’ of Benfica, Porto and Sporting.