THE GERS take on Ross County this afternoon and we’ve pulled together the best facts about the fixture for you.
- Ross County are the only remaining current league club that Rangers have never met before on league business.
- The sides have only met in competitive action on three previous occasions – twice in the Scottish Cup and once in the League Cup. Rangers have won all three encounters.
- This will be Ross County’s first visit to Ibrox for a first-team match – all the other encounters, both competitive and friendly matches have been contested in Dingwall.
- Tore Andre Flo is Rangers’ top scorer in matches between the sides with two goals. His double came in the Scottish Cup meeting in February 2001 which Gers won 3-2. Alex Bone also scored a brace for County on the day.
- Two of Rangers three competitive meetings with County occurred in 2001. The first was the previously mentioned Scottish Cup tie in February and Gers then returned to Dingwall for a League Cup tie in the November where they won 2-1.
- Kenny Miller is the only player, currently on the books of either side, who has previously been involved in an encounter between the clubs. Miller started up front alongside Tore Andre Flo in the Scottish Cup encounter in February 2001.