RANGERS face Hibernian at Ibrox today in the first Ladbrokes Premiership game of the season and we’ve pulled together some facts and figures ahead of the game.
- Rangers have played Hibernian in their first home league match of the season on three occasions in the last 50 years without recording a victory. In August 1977, Hibs left Ibrox with a 2-0 win while a 2-2 draw was recorded in September 1981 and the sides finished goalless in August 1988. The last time Gers won their opening home fixture when it was against Hibernian was in August 1961 when Ralph Brand scored twice and Davie Wilson got the other in a 3-0 win.
- In the last 50 years Rangers have won their opening league match at Ibrox on 32 occasions, drawing 13 and losing on five occasions. Three of the defeats were to Celtic, Hibernian and Hearts while the other two were at the hands of St Mirren and both were on August 12.
- Rangers have failed to keep a clean sheet in each of their last eight opening league matches at Ibrox, conceding goals to Hearts (on two occasions), Falkirk, Kilmarnock, East Stirling, Brechin, St Mirren and Hamilton. The last time the away side failed to register was in August 2008 when Gers beat Hearts 2-0 thanks to goals from Kyle Lafferty and Kris Boyd.
- The last six league matches, including league play-off ties, between Rangers and Hibernian have all been won by the home side. The last time the away side emerged victorious was in March 2015 when Lee Wallace and Kenny Miller scored the goals in a 2-0 Gers win at Easter Road. Hibs last victory at Ibrox came in the game immediately before this one, in February 2015
Read more Fast Facts and all the latest facts and figures including player appearances and fixtures within the official matchday programme against Hibs.
TODAY’S matchday programme is packed with exclusive interviews and will be available at Ibrox in print and in digital form NOW.
The cover star and main feature for the clash with the Hibees is central midfielder Ryan Jack who has made an excellent start to his career at the Light Blues in the midfield engine room alongside Graham Dorrans.
The midfielder speaks about making his Ibrox debut in the League against Hibs, the positivity running through the squad, playing in midfield for the Gers under Pedro Caixinha, his budding relationship with Dorrans and much more.
But that’s not all, in this issue you will also find the following:
- A welcome and thanks to the Rangers fans from Managing Director Stewart Robertson
- An exclusive interview with Feyenoord manager and former Ger Giovanni van Bronkhorst
- An exclusive new interview with former Gers defender Michael Ball
- Niko Kranjcar chatting us through his “My Top Team” of players he’s played with
- An interview with Development Squad striker Zak Rudden & his 20 Questions
- Manager and Captain programme notes covering a number of subjects
- A look back at the Rangers Sports within our archive section
- Peter Lovenkrands Q&A with the Rangers Youth Development Fund
- Remembering another Great Goal – this time Gazza‘s against Hibs in December 1995
PLUS there is a tricky quiz to test your football knowledge, Fast Facts , On This Day, Andy Cameron, Snapshot, Junior Gers and last word with Tom Miller speaking about the resurgence of Josh Windass this season so far.
All this and so much more will be in the official matchday programme, price just £3.50. Don’t miss it!
DIGITAL PROGRAMME DOWNLOAD
You can purchase the programme online now on your chosen mobile platform from the following links: