RANGERS face Hamilton at Ibrox today and you can read the best bitesize stats only with Fast Facts.
- Rangers are defending a 26-match unbeaten record in league matches against Hamilton. Of these encounters, there have been 24 wins and only two draws –the first in March 1954 and the second in the opening game of this season. Accies’ last victory in the fixture came in December 1938.
- Counting home games only, Rangers’ last defeat to Hamilton came in December 1926 when Accies won 4-1 at Ibrox. Since then, Gers have won 20 and drawn four of the subsequent 24 matches.
- Martyn Waghorn has scored all three of the goals in the two matches with Hamilton this season to date. Of the remainder of the squad, only Kenny Millerhas netted previously against Accies in the league, scoring once in a 7-1 home victory in December 2008 and then again in a 2-1 win at New Douglas Park in September 2010.
- Rangers have scored in 31 consecutive league matches against Hamilton, having last failed to do so in a 1-0 defeat at Douglas Park in April 1936. Accies have found the net in seventeen of these games, with Gers keeping a clean sheet in the other fourteen.
- The final minute of the first half has been lucky for Gers in recent encounters with Accies, having found the net in three of the last four meetings between the 44th and 45th minutes. Vladimir Weiss, Nikica Jelavic and Martyn Waghorn have been the men on the scoresheet.
- Kris Boyd is the last player to score a league hat-trick against Accies, his treble coming in a 7-1 home victory in 2008. Previous to this, in encounters since the war, Jim Forrest hit five in a 7-1 away victory in October 1965 and Willie Thornton netted four goals in an 8-1 win at Ibrox in November 1953 having also hit three in a 6-0 triumph at Douglas Park seven years earlier.
Read more Fast Facts and all the latest facts, figures and statistics in today’s programme
100-page official matchday programme is packed with interviews and features with your favourite Ibrox stars, including new boss Pedro Caixinha as he takes charge of the Light Blues squad for the first time.
There is an exclusive interview with the Portuguese gaffer in this weekend’s bumper issue and inside you will also find the following:
– An interview with Spanish midfielder Jon Toral
– Emerson Hyndman picks his Top Team from players he’s played with and against
– Nine in a Row interview with goalkeeper Andy Dibble
– On The Spot with John ‘Bomber’ Brown
– The Last Word with full-back Lee Hodson
– Captain Lee Wallace’s programme notes
– NextGen Gers with under-20 defender Aidan Wilson
PLUS there is a tricky quiz, On This Day, Andy Cameron, Action Replay, Snapshot, Blueprints, the lowdown on Hamilton Accies and so much more.
So don’t miss Saturday’s 100-page official matchday programme, price just £3.50.
You can also buy previous matchday programmes outside the ground near the John Greig Ibrox Disaster Memorial before every home match or purchase copies online HERE.