RANGERS, alongside other Scottish football clubs, have submitted a Members’ Requisition to the SPFL.
The requisition requests that a General Meeting of all 42 member clubs be held to consider calling an independent investigation into:
- The preparation and content of the briefing note and papers sent to member clubs with the resolution;
- The decision to announce the result of an incomplete vote before all votes had been received;
- The decision to disregard the vote submitted by Dundee FC and allow them to vote a second time;
- The appropriateness of communications between the Executive of the SPFL and other football governing bodies in relation to completing season 2019/20;
- The interaction of SPFL executives with clubs during the voting process including the disclosure to clubs of how other member clubs had voted;
- Compliance by the SPFL’s directors with the statutory and common law duties owed by them in relation to the resolution; and
- Any other matters which the independent expert considers relevant.
We have received the SPFL’s open letter referring to the narrow scope of their investigation which alarmingly failed to examine wider fundamental issues.
Rangers have made it very clear that we have a dossier of evidence which we will make readily available to an independent investigation.