LEE WALLACE was thrilled to score his first Old Firm goal in his side’s stunning 3-2 victory over Celtic at Ibrox.

The powerful left-back showed his desire when he latched on to Steven Davis’ through pass on 77 minutes before calmly placing the ball under Fraser Forster and into the net.

That put his side 3-0 up and although Celtic produced a late fightback, with Scott Brown and Thomas Rogne on target, Wallace was still beaming from ear to ear as he chatted with the press after the final whistle.

Having had a perfectly good goal ruled out when the Glasgow giants went head-to-head at Parkhead on December 28 it’s understandable Lee savoured the moment on a glorious afternoon for his club.

He said: “All round I thought it was a great day and we were deserved winners.

“We’ve got a great squad with a lot of great characters and we showed that again.

“It would be wrong at any time to write us off.

“We had an extra man in midfield which I think helped and we all worked our socks off.

“The atmosphere also helped as our fans were tremendous and getting what proved to be the winning goal was brilliant.

“Obviously we all know what happened the last time at Parkhead and I was disappointed with that.

“Today I also missed a sitter but thankfully Andy was there to score our second goal.

“But I have to thank Davo, he played a terrific pass in to me and I’ve just put the ball under Forster.

“It was a great feeling and I was delighted.”

Celtic boss Neil Lennon expressed his anger at the decision to send off Cha Du-Ri before the half hour mark for his foul on Wallace.

The Gers star, however, admits there was contact.

He added: “I just remember making the run through and I think it was to support Sone.

“He just played a through ball and I can remember getting tugged and going over.

“I was pretty sure I was through on goal but I’ve not seen it again.”

Article Copyright © 2020. Permission to use quotations from this article online is only granted subject to appropriate source credit and hyperlink to www.rangers.co.uk