THE Under-18’s continued their winning start to the league season with a dominant 7-0 victory against Inverness Caledonian Thistle this evening.

It was the second league trip to the Highlands in a week for the squad, who beat Ross County 5-1 last Friday evening.

A hat-trick from Chris McKee and goals from Aaron Lyall, Kane Ritchie-Hosler, Ross McCausland and Umaro Balde saw the Young Gers comfortably take all three points back down to Glasgow.

David McCallum’s side opened the scoring after only four minutes as Alex Lowry’s free-kick was parried away by the home keeper, but only as far as Aaron Lyall who slotted the ball home at the post.

Inverness threatened to get back into the game on the 17th minute as the ball broke for their striker, who attempted to chip the ball over the head of Jay Hogarth but it bounced off the bar.

Lyall, who was causing problems for the home side, could’ve had a second of the game as the Rangers winger found himself in a good position free in the box but his shot was just wide of the target.

In a spell of pressure before the break as the Gers looked to get their second, Ross McCausland thought he had added to the scoring as he had the ball in the back of the net after a pass from Alex Lowry but the referee blew for offside.

The second goal did come with 4 minutes of the first-half as Alex Lowry’s cross met Aaron Lyall on the right-hand side of the box with the winger picking out Kane Ritchie-Hosler in the box to fire home.

The home keeper was called into action late in the first-half as Lyall broke down the right before cutting inside and getting his shot away but it was tipped over the bar.

The Young Gers had a third on the 53rd minute as Ross McCausland was played in by Aaron Lyall, and with McCausland firing across goal and into the back of the net.

The fourth came just after the hour-mark as midfielder Umaro Balde’s curled the ball beyond the keeper from the edge of the box for his first Rangers goal.

On the 64th minute the Gers added a fifth as substitute Chris McKee got in on the goals. Umaro Balde done well to win the ball back in the middle of the park before feeding the ball out wide to Aaron Lyall, with McKee getting the touch to divert it goalwards.

The Gers kept piling on the pressure as they looked to add to the scoring with Lewis McKinnon playing a good ball forward to Ross McCausland but his shot was just wide.

Lyall was denied again by the home keeper on the 73rd minute as a powerful shot was blocked by the Caley Thistle number one.

With 15 minutes remaining, McKee had his second as McCausland’s shot was spilled by the goalkeeper and the striker was on hand to tap home.

The Northern Ireland internationalist had his hat-trick in the final 10 minutes as he curled a superb strike beyond the keeper from just inside the box to add a seventh for the Gers and round of the scoring for the evening.

Rangers: Hogarth, O’Connor (Fraser, 56), Henderson (Muir, 67), Balde, MacKinnon, McClelland, Lyall, McKinnon (Hampl, 62), McCausland, Lowry (Anderson, 62), Ritchie-Hosler (McKee, 56). Subs not used: Cowie.

Article Copyright © 2019. Permission to use quotations from this article online is only granted subject to appropriate source credit and hyperlink to