In July 2015 the Rangers Development Fund was relaunched and rebranded as the Rangers Youth Development Company and the organisation has gone from strength to strength ever since.
Originally established as the Rangers Development Fund (RDF) in 1964 with the sole purpose of providing funds for the Club, the organisation – which has raised over £120 million to date – is now formally known as the Rangers Youth Development Company.
In the past, RDF revenues provided substantial funds towards the reconstruction of the Copland, Broomloan and Govan Stands, the Ibrox PA system and the purchase of the land the Hummel Training Centre is built on.
However, since 2002 all RDF profits have been directed to the Club’s youth programme and the independent company – now officially registered as the Rangers Youth Development Company – has provided more than £8 million to the youth department to date.
The main Rangers Youth Development Company revenue generators are Rangers Lotto, Stadium Bricks, Rising Stars, Youth Members Club and Scratchcards and £825k has been generated in the last three seasons alone.
All profits raised from these products are not available for general Club purposes and are legally ring-fenced to go directly to the youth programme to help find future stars.
A number of past and current youth players like Danny Wilson, Charlie Adam, Alan Hutton, Barrie McKay, Chris Burke and Ross McCrorie have directly benefitted from RYDC support.
Colin Stewart, the Rangers Youth Development Company Director of Operations, added: “We were delighted to rebrand as the Rangers Youth Development Company and we are as passionate as ever about supporting the Club’s youth programme in any way we can.
“We have provided more than £8 million and with the support of the Rangers fans we will continue to provide funds for the development of players like Danny Wilson, Alan Hutton, Charlie Adam, Barrie McKay, Andy Murdoch, Ryan Hardie and Ross McCrorie.
“The Rangers Youth Development Company, like the Club, is an institution and I would also like to thank the Rangers fans for their incredible backing.
The Rangers Youth Development Company also has the support of Light Blues legend John Greig, who agreed to join their board in August 2015.
The Club’s former Captain, Manager, Director and the man voted Greatest Ever Ranger by fans has always been a huge supporter of the RYDC and plays an important role in their ongoing development.
Ibrox icon John Greig commented: “I am delighted to be on the Board of the Rangers Youth Development Company. Since 1964 they have backed Rangers Football Club in a variety of ways and it is my pleasure to assist them in any way I can.
“Fans always play Rangers Lotto, buy Stadium Bricks or purchase Rising Stars tickets and Scratchcards and it is terrific that all profits raised from these products go directly to the youth programme.
“They help with the development of young players so I am delighted to lend my support.”
Colin Stewart added: “John is a man of great integrity and honour, his contribution to Rangers Football Club was immense as a player, manager and director and we are thrilled to have him on our Board.
“He is one of the greatest names in Scottish football history and he has always been a firm supporter of RYDC so we look forward to working with him closely.”
RYDC also re-launched Rangers Pools recently and all profits go towards the upkeep and maintenance of Ibrox Stadium.
To sign up for Rangers Pools visit www.rangerspools.com or download the new app at Apple or Android stores.
For full details on RYDC’s portfolio of products – Rangers Lotto, Rangers Pools, Rising Stars, Scratchcards, Stadium Bricks, Rangers Pools and the Youth Members Club – visit www.rydc.co.uk or call 0141 427 4914.
Recent RYDC Activity
- Rhys Breen RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Colin Stewart Thanks From RYDC – HERE
- Ciaran Dickson & Nathan Patterson RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Nathan Young-Coombes RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Marvin Andrews RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Mark Hateley RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- RYDC Presents £400k to Rangers Academy – HERE
- RYDC Presents £250k to Rangers Academy – HERE
- RYDC Presents £175k to Rangers Academy – HERE
- David McCallum RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Steven Smith RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Malky Thomson/Alan Boyd RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Josh McPake RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Andy Little RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Lewis Mayo RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Jordan Houston RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Mark Allen RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Andrew Dallas RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Kieran Wright/Aidan McAdams RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Gregory Vignal RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Craig Mulholland RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Charlie Miller & Bob Malcolm Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Craig Mulholland Grateful For RYDC Support – HERE
- A Great Year For RYDC – Colin Stewart Thanks Fans – HERE
- Jack Thomson RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Cammy Palmer RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Kyle Bradley RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Stephen Kelly RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Derek Johnstone RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Graeme Smith RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Lee McCulloch Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Craig Moore RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- Zak Rudden RYDC Twitter Q&A – HERE
- RYDC Launches Youth Members Club – HERE
- RYDC Youth Members Club Members Visit The Training Ground – HERE
- Craig Mulholland Thanks RYDC – HERE
- RYDC Logo on Youth Kits – HERE
- Rangers Pools App Now Available – HERE
- Kevin Thomson Rangers Pools Launch – HERE
- Rangers Pools Re-Launched – HERE
- Ross McCrorie Launches New Rangers Lotto Campaign – HERE